CRLT-Engin provides a range of resources to support faculty, postdocs, graduate student instructors, and undergraduate student instructors in incorporating inclusive teaching practices. Support includes confidential consultations for individuals and departments, college-wide teaching workshops, customized workshops for departments, and online and print resources.
“At the University of Michigan our dedication to academic excellence for the public good is inseparable from our commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
It is central to our mission as an educational institution to ensure that each member of our community has full opportunity to thrive in our environment, for we believe that diversity is key to individual flourishing, educational excellence and the advancement of knowledge.”
—President Mark Schlissel
“Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) is a priority for the University, for the College and for me as we strive for excellence in all that we do. Research is clear that diverse groups produce better outcomes. Equity means everybody is treated fairly. An environment that is intentionally inclusive will expand opportunities for everyone.”
—Alec D. Gallimore, Dean of Engineering; Professor of Aerospace Engineering
College of Engineering Strategic Goals at a Glance
- Educate people about diversity, equity, and inclusion in order to spark discussion and action
- Collect and monitor data that tells us how we’re doing
- Build systems that help focus our DEI efforts
- Create welcoming, inclusive physical spaces that enhance the learning environment
- Increase diversity among faculty and leadership
- Increase student and postdoc diversity
- Hire and develop diverse staff
- Build a culture of inclusive interaction and multicultural learning