The final date to request a Midterm Student Feedback is Friday, February 22, 2019.
What is a Midterm Student Feedback?
The Midterm Student Feedback is a three-step, confidential process where you work with an Engineering Teaching Consultant (ETC) to gather student feedback.
- You will meet with an Engineering Teaching Consultant to discuss your experiences in the classroom and how the consultant can best help.
- Your ETC will visit your class to observe, take notes, and use 10 minutes of class time to collect anonymous feedback from your students.
- You will meet with your ETC to discuss the feedback and identify strategies and techniques to build on your teaching strengths and improve the class based on the feedback, which will be summarized in a report.
Why should you request a Midterm Student Feedback?
- To obtain information about how your students feel about your teaching before the end of the term.
- To reflect on ways to enhance your instruction and confirm which techniques are working well in the classroom or lab.
- To poll your students about specific concerns that you have that you do not feel comfortable asking yourself