What is a one-on-one consultation?
A one-on-one consultation is a confidential, 30-60 minute meeting where you work with CRLT-Engin Instructional Consultant to address any teaching and learning questions you may have.
Why should you request a one-on-one consultation?
Instructional consultants can discuss a variety of teaching-related topics with you. Some of these confidential conversations may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- designing or revising a course syllabus
- fostering an inclusive classroom
- using active learning in class
- incorporating technology into teaching
- discussing student ratings
- developing efficient methods for grading
- establishing/maintaining authority in the classroom
- developing clearly stated goals for student learning
- developing lesson plans
- working effectively with the instructional team
- providing feedback on teaching philosophy statements
- managing time and responsibilities
Who will conduct your one-on-one consultation?
College of Engineering faculty and post-doc consultations are conducted by the CRLT-Engin leadership team and/or Instructional Consultants. To learn more about the current CRLT-Engin staff members click here.