All engineering graduate students who have completed one term as a GSI in the past academic year (e.g., fall 2016, winter 2017, or spring/summer 2017) are eligible for this award. Former winners are not eligible.
GSIs selected for the Towner Prize must demonstrate the following:
- creativity or innovation as an instructor,
- excellence in teaching, and
- remarkable dedication to student success
Faculty and students may nominate a GSI who fits the criteria listed above. GSIs can also self-nominate. Nomination packets must include:
- Cover page & GSI reflective statement
- Letter of recommendation from the GSI’s supervising faculty member. Letter should address the 3 criteria and include supporting quotes from students (when possible)
Nomination materials should be sent to email@example.com by Monday, November 27, 2017 at 12:00 pm
A selection committee of CoE faculty and former Towner Prize winners reviews all nominations and chooses the winners. Please, direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.