All engineering graduate students who have completed one term as a GSI in the past academic year (e.g., fall 2015, winter 2016, or spring/summer 2016) are eligible for this award. Former winners are not eligible.
GSIs selected for the Towner Prize must demonstrate the following:
- creativity or innovation as an instructor,
- excellence in teaching, and
- remarkable dedication to student success
Faculty and students may nominate a GSI who fits the criteria listed above. GSIs can also self-nominate. Nomination packets must include:
- Cover page & GSI reflective statement
- Letter of recommendation from the GSI’s supervising faculty member. Letter should address the 3 criteria and include supporting quotes from students (when possible)
A selection committee of CoE faculty and former Towner Prize winners reviews all nominations and chooses the winners. Please direct questions to email@example.com.
Information for 2018 eligibility and nominations will be released soon. Please check back frequently as we continue to update this information.