Eligibility & Nomination
Richard & Eleanor Towner Prize for Outstanding GSIs
All engineering graduate students who have completed one term as a GSI in the past academic year (e.g., fall 2015, winter 2016, or spring/summer 2016) are eligible for this award. Former winners are not eligible.
GSIs selected for the Towner Prize must demonstrate the following::
- creativity or innovation as an instructor,
- excellence in teaching, and
- remarkable dedication to student success
1. Faculty and students may nominate a GSI who fits the criteria listed above. GSIs can self-nominate. Nomination packets must include:
- Cover page & GSI reflective statement
- Letter of recommendation from the GSI’s supervising faculty member. Letter should address the 3 criteria and include supporting quotes from students (when possible)
Nomination packets are due December 2, 2016 at noon.
2. A selection committee of CoE faculty and former Towner Prize winners reviews all nominations and chooses the winners. Winners will be notified by February 6, 2017.
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.